As we all know, one girl’s trash is another girl’s treasure. So instead of throwing out that shirt you don’t like or going thrift store shopping to search for some good finds, why not plan a clothing swap party? You may not only find some great items, but it will also give you an excuse to clean out your closet. Here’s how you do it:
- Establish the rules (new or gently worn, clean and pressed, etc.)
- Invite your girlfriends over and share with them the rules/restrictions. Maybe even make it a potluck!
- At the party, create three categories of clothing (expensive, moderate, cheap) for guests to put their items in.
- Create different colored “tickets” for each pile and have guests write their names on one ticket per item they donate.
- Once all items have been categorized, put the tickets in a bowl and start picking names. For instance, if you have Keesha’s name on an “expensive” ticket, then Keesha can pick an item from the expensive pile.
- Keep picking tickets until none of the guests want any of the items that are left.
- Donate remaining items to charity.
You can also do this with accessories, shoes, or beauty products. Happy swapping!