It’s peak wedding season and if you’re like us, you may have already received several invitations from friends getting married. To help with the “what am I going to wear?” question, here are a few ideas whether you’re attending an early, afternoon, or nighttime wedding.
Early Day Weddings
Weddings taking place early in the day tend to be less formal than nighttime weddings. If the wedding is taking place outdoors in a warm climate, remember to wear a breathable, flowing fabric, and stay away from silk which may show unsightly sweat spots.
1. BCBG MAXAZRIA Leaf Print Crinkle Satin Halter Gown, $378
2. Donna Morgan Tiered Chiffon Dress, $158
3. California Iris Dress, $69.95
Late Afternoon/Evening Weddings
With weddings taking place in the late afternoon or evening, the best bet is a dress that is not too formal, but doesn’t look like a sundress either. Given the season, bright colors are a great choice.
4. Tadashi Ruched Matte Jersey Dress, $298
5. Adrianna Papell Strapless Laser Cut Satin Dress, $158
6. Sue Wong Crisscross Silk Dress, $288
Though an old rule of thumb used to be not to wear black to a wedding, formal weddings are the exception. If the wedding is after 6:00 or if the invitation indicates “formal” reception or attire, then these dresses would be appropriate. Also, even in the case of a “formal” wedding, you don’t have to wear a floor length dress – a cocktail dress is just fine.
7. Knit Floral Print Maxi Dress, $138
8. JS Collection Ribbed Trim Mesh Dress, $198
9. Donna Ricco Chain Halter Jersey Dress, $128